Varnishing hardwood floors is a project that cannot be taken lightly but with the appropriate and effective finishing products for wood, you will enjoy it much longer. SamaN’s water-based varnish is twice as resistant as a traditional one and dries quickly into a beautiful, clear and high-quality finish.
Available in satin, semi-gloss, gloss and matte finish, its self-leveling and anti-UV formula offers more than long-lasting results. Our wood varnish is also perfect for your office furnishings you’ve been wanting to finish for 2 years, your kitchen cabinets or moldingsneeding a little love.
Covering power: A 946 ml (1L) container covers approximatively 150 sq. ft.
Before you begin:
Make sure the product is at room temperature. Stir the varnish with a stick so that the matter at the bottom of the container peels off and blends perfectly with the mixture before starting.
Bare wood: Sand with a 120 or 150 grit sandpaper. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum the dust and wipe it off with a clean, dry cloth.
Varnished wood: The surface must be dry, clean and free of dust, mold, wax, grease and moisture. Wash the surface with SamaN’s TSPeco and lightly sand with a 150 grit sandpaper.
Stained wood: Ensure that the surface is completely dry before applying the product. This will prevent the pigments of the stain from rising up into the varnish and givie an uneven finish.
- Apply 2 to 3 coats of SamaN’s water-based varnish following the direction of the wood grain with a good quality brush, an 8 mm lint-free roller or an HVLP paint gun.
- Sand between coats with a 180 grit sandpaper.
- Vacuum sandblasting dust and wipe off with a clean, damp cloth to remove any residue.
- Repeat this process between each coat of varnish to be applied.
- Let it dry for 1 to 2 hours between coats.
- Wait 24 hours before allowing light traffic.
- Wait one week for heavier traffic or to lay your rug.
Clean all tools and equipment with hot water and soft soap immediately after use.
top of page
thank you for shopping with us!
bottom of page